Instead of my usual, things I can't let go of for the month, I'm doing a month of May activities!
Some of my May highlights include:
1) Weekend in Chicago and South Bend Indiana!
Chris and I spent a weekend in Chicago and South Bend, IN at the beginning of May for Zach's wedding. (Yes, I went to ND twice in one month - re: my reunion first weekend in June).
In Chicago, we met with Sun Joo, visited a museum at U of Chicago, went up the Willis Tower (I'm terrified of heights), had dinner at the Publican (delicious) with my cousin Grace and her husband Jason, and had deep dish pizza. Did you know that if you walk around Chicago---you will smell a scent of dark chocolate? Chris kept saying it was sewage, but it smelled like dark chocolate cookies to me... haha, and guess what! It was dark chocolate coming from a chocolate factory downtown.
We then drove to South Bend for a beautiful wedding at the Basilica and a fun, intimate reception in South Dining Hall. Zach and Crystal are such thoughtful friends, of course, all of the people we met at the wedding were just as thoughtful, kind and devoting their lives to doing good work. It was also Chris' first time at ND, so that was fun seeing his reactions to my four years living on campus and just how random ND customs seem to an outsider!
2) Cinespia with Juan and Christian
We saw North by Northwest, a Hitchcock classic and apparently the beginning of all mystery movies! I love Cinespia and after last year's fun summer movie experience, we made it a point to go again this year. It was basically Juan's last full weekend in LA before he moves to Washington, DC so I'm glad we got to do something iconic LA together. Chris and I made kimbap and salad, and brought all sorts of foods to picnic with. OF course, I forgot blankets in the car so I froze a bit.
3) We bought a sous vide!
Is this something all married couples do? It seems that way....well we took the plunge using a gift card someone gave us and got a sous vide! Here we come, world of sous vides, hahaha
4) Meditation
I've started a class via UCLA called MindFit. It's meditation class twice a week. So far, so good. I find myself joyful during and after meditation and so incredibly restful. It really is a tool that requires practice and a lot of discipline, but the reward seems worth it.
5) May Gray
It's cloudy and cold here this month, but it hasn't stopped us from visiting the outdoors! Here we are at Leo Cabrillo hike and Paradise Cove in Malibu with Chloe and Chris. The day lightened up by the time we got to Paradise Cove as you can see here!
Do you remember that commercial with the dad from Modern Family throwing fresh smelling laundry into the ocean? It's a laundry detergent commercial...it is filmed here! Do you recognize that beach?
6) And finally...SOONIE!! the Morning Glory character notebook.
My sunbae unni, Sue, found an old notebook as she was helping a family friend clean out their home, of the Morning Glory character Soonie! This character's lifeline was about 1 year when I was in middle school in Korea. I bought up all the notebooks, erasers, pencils with her character on them...cause how could I not! She wasn't popular enough though and she was quickly discontinued. Anyway...here it is! It's cut off a bit in this picture, but Soonie's byline is that she is generous and loves to take care of animals, hahaha!














No comments:
Post a Comment