We spent a day at Niagra Falls before heading to Sacket's Harbor last week. I had never been and I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed.
Nature is so amazing and the strength of water is unbelievable. Of course, I forgot our passports while we were rushing out the door, so we didn't cross over to the Canadian side, but we still got a good look at a lot of the falls. I had so much fun watching people get drenched by the waterfalls and I was shocked at how brave the first travelers were initiate the process of making the park what it is today -- a place that everyone can enjoy. On the other hand, I also was thinking about the Native Americans who probably inhabited this area and what their history is around these falls given the name, Niagra, which is a derivative word from the Iroquoian language, and seems most people agree it means "the Strait".
Just some thoughts as I witnessed the majesty of these water falls.






No comments:
Post a Comment