1. Cinespia - so much fun! Definitely putting this into the summer rotation, maybe next time with friends - read more here.
2. Host a bonfire - lots of work...but worth it! And ...I am totally willing to do it again. Ashley, Erika and I decided to host a bonfire at Huntington Beach. Though we had initially planned it to be a smaller gathering, I went a little overboard and started inviting all the people I wanted to see! Ashley followed suite, and before we knew it, we had 20+ people that were coming! We did all our preparing and shopping the night before, and Saturday morning at 5:30am, I wake up to Ashley cutting and washing lettuce and tomatoes for our burgers. I am ashamed to say, I went back to sleep for a few minutes. We leave my apartment at 6:00am and at 7:00am we pull up to Huntington Beach, and most of the firepits are already taken!! People in LA don't play around. They are serious about bonfires. It was relaxing, chill, and a lot of fun! I loved Huntington Beach, and I loved spending 12+ hours at the beach! I left saying I wouldn't host another bonfire, but looking back now---I think it was worth it! I could not have done it by myself, Ashley and Erika---beach bonfire veterans, showed me the ropes.
The hostesses!
Yes...we had a YETI, a flag, a tent, a table (thank you Ashley!), flowers, tons and tons of water, and food.
3. Hollywood Bowl --- yes! Yes! YES!! I love the Hollywood Bowl, everyone should see a concert here whenever possible. So far we've managed to go at least once a year and I plan to keep that up, and add more visits! I wrote about this year's Hollywood Bowl event here.
4. Camping - failed at this one. Maybe next year!
5. See a outdoor movie at park - Did this last year with Emma before she left for Spain. We saw Clueless while munching on food from food trucks nearby. It was very LA. I loved it, and I would do it again! There is something about picnicking outdoors in the evening, and snuggling into a blanket of nostalgia watching an old movie.
6. Santa Monica's Thursday night concerts --despite how close we are to Santa Monica Pier, I didn't make it there this year.
7. Hike the Bridge to Nowhere --also didn't happen, but maybe this is a fall activity.
8. Surf as much as possible - still working on this!
9. Spend a day at Laguna Beach - so far we've spent three full days at Laguna Beach since we've been here. Once for Chris and I to explore, another time with Chris' cousins who rented a beautiful house overseeing the beach, and most recently to meet Chloe and Chris to celebrate Chloe's birthday. This is a gem of a beach and I shall be back.

Zandie and Julian!

10. Picnic at Malibu Wines - would definitely do this again! And with a group of girl friends, like I did here. But this time not to celebrate me, just to bask in the sun, music, flowers, and happiness!
11. Visit Escondido Beach - I have been attempting this for over a year...somehow we haven't made it there yet.
12. Have dinner at Perch - nope, not yet.
13. Harry Potter World! - waiting to find another HP fan to join me!
14. LA County Fair - went last weekend, and would not go again. I've never been to a state fair or county fair before and though it was fun to frolic with friends and try new things, eat state fair food, and walk around...as Chloe summed up best, did we just pay to come see infomercials?! It was also extremely hot, Chris had shoulder pain, and I was weirdly exhausted.
15. LA Night Market - we went to the night market last year with some fellow brave souls (think long lines, heat, crazy parking, outside LA) There were lots of interesting and delicious Asian eats. The 626 Night Market is fashioned after Taiwan's expansive night markets and it is a great idea! But there were also SOOOO many people and the lines are very long. I had fun and I think it's worth a visit, but I don't think it needs to be repeated.
So...my favorite summer activities seem to be picnicking outside with music, the beach, wine, fire, and movies, and not waiting in line :)









So fun!!!! Looks like such a great summer
ReplyDelete