Sunday, May 29, 2016

Above and Beyond Acoustic!!!!

About a year ago I was introduced to Above & Beyond by Chris. I don't know if introduced is the right word, maybe forced to listen to EDM for hours on roadtrips is more accurate--as the driver he had dibs on music choice. I used to complain that listening to techno while stuck in traffic, was like being in hell ....  In any case, I've found that when you listen to something long enough, you start to like it and associate with it.  Really it is conditioning, which can be a great thing if it is something positive, and terrifying if it is something harmful and hateful.  I've been conditioned to EDM!!  Not sure if that's positive or negative...but I have come to love Above and Beyond music and sometimes listen non-stop to their albums while driving.

They played at the Hollywood Bowl last night and it was beautiful because they rearranged all their songs into an acoustic version. Old songs rearranged brought new meaning as lyrics were emphasized and compositions made songs more dramatic.  At one point, we realized that one of the songs we listened to and I had been listening to for a year now,  was about a man's death and his last day living. I loved how everyone there sang along  with all the songs and just reveled in the music.

One of my favorite songs - Miracle. I think I like the acoustic version than the original!


At one point during the night, all of our bracelets lit up to the chorus of one of their most popular songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment