Moving to a new city as an adult isn't so hard when you are married and have a built in friend to discover the city with. Chris and I, however, have been extremely lucky. Some of our closest college friends live here and some people who we knew, but have wanted to get to know better, also live here. We've also been fortunate enough to meet people who are new to LA and don't yet have their lives filled with a set group of friends. They are willing to explore and discover LA and all it has to offer together. We are even luckier that many of these friends are experiencing similar life milestones together, like being newly wed or soon to be wed. I never thought too much about this before, since being in school somewhat ensures everyone around you experiences similar milestones together, but this is not something to be taken for granted. I am thankful everyday for this.
My favorite girls in LA threw me a post-marriage, pre-wedding party at Malibu Wines!
Look at that spread of food! Portos!! yum~~
It was interesting to hear perspectives from everyone about Chris or about me, or about our relationship! It was a lot of laughing, food, and enjoying the sun and music, and of course the beautiful atmosphere of lightheartedness, flowers, and California ease. Though I have to admit, being the center of attention was far from comfortable.
I am so blessed. If not anything, I have always been lucky with having amazing people in my life.
Yesssss, finally ! I'm so glad you got showered with love and I totally feel the same way about feeling lucky with great people in my life. Also, I think that pink boa needs to be added to your fashion rotation more often...!
ReplyDelete