Hi 2016. This year I want to become closer to the person I want to be or the person I imagine I am when I'm daydreaming on my way to work. That means becoming more aware of who I am, what I want, and what I need, and what I don't need to live a fulfilling life...and really what better way to explore that than through a blog and taking note of my everyday, inspirations, desires, fears, and love.
Last year Jan 1, 2015, Chris and I moved to LA from Washington, D.C. I lived in LA for a summer while in undergrad, and I remember thinking to myself that I would NEVER choose to live here nor would my work ever bring me to LA, and that this simply wasn't my city. Now as a 30 year old, I feel as if I belong here. I heard someone say "I was born to live here" and I find myself coming back to this sentence several times a month. Her statement resonated with me and I never felt so sure that this is where I belong. There are too many things to say about LA and its nearby cities, towns, beaches, and mountains and I assure you that I will be revisiting my love for LA again and again.
DTLA peeping through clouds as seen from a Vday Runyon Canyon hike with friends.
Winter beach morning photo after an attempted surfing session. I love the beach- I don't care if its winter, summer, day, or night, but I especially love the beach mornings, hearing the waves crash, watching (real) surfers run down the beach determined to paddle through the waves, and the couples sipping coffee while looking out into the ocean. Even the foggy days are mystical and beautiful. It's so peaceful and quiet. It is almost as if you belong to a secret club, only for those who really love and appreciate the ocean enough to wake up early on a weekend morning just be near.


No comments:
Post a Comment