Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Mindfulness Meditation

For the past 3 months, I participated in a Mindful Meditation class.

It was lovely. I learned so much and I felt that I was able to control my stress, have better responses to things-instead of reactions, and overall, was more present.  I felt I could slow down time! And I learned a few very practical, easy, and effective tips around breathing and feeling deep gratitude. Also, for relaxing my body and mind after a long day.

At the end of the 3 months--- my instructor gave us some tips on how to make this a habit. I share these tips here.

How to make mindful meditation a habit!


1.  Connect with someone to email/text for daily practice
2.  Decide a technique you will do for the next 40 days and do that one consistently, anything else, just add on to it
3. Put meditation time into your calendar
4. Ride the momentum of the class
5. Recall the feeling of meditation à make the feeling your motivation
6. Make your practice practical (if you really need loving kindness meditation- do that)
7. Set an intention
8. Feel gratitude
9. Fill in the 6 questions at the back of the notebook to monitor progress

Important tips!
 * It takes 40 days to establish a habit
 * We never step in the same river twice
 * STOP: S: stop; T: take a breathe; O: observe; P: process
 * The antidote to slowing things down is to pause
* Make mindfulness as life style means…
o   Paying attention on purpose
o   In a non-judgmental way
o   In a relaxed way
o   Living the experience in a direct way

No comments:

Post a Comment