Friday, July 28, 2017

Some random thoughts

How did this month go by so quickly?

We have some big BIG news! We're moving!!! and yes, we finally and successfully purchased a place of our own. This is really what took up little moments of this month, from signing document after document, negotiating credit, looking at multiple shades of grey, white, and other neutral colors, and mourning leaving our adorable loft and corner unit! 

But here we are...and we are moving tomorrow!!! 
Some random thoughts for this month- 

1. A good dinner with friends is one that isn't rushed, food is shared, and service is impeccable and accommodating.  We went to A.O.C. wine bar last night to celebrate our friend's new job and I was reminded of how lovely slow dinner evenings are. It helped that we had a four course meal of shared plates using local ingredients and finished the meal with decadent dark chocolate tarts.  Of course I forgot to take pictures! 

2. Reply All podcast has got to be one of my favorite podcasts! Every time I listen to their stories though, I lose a little more hope in humanity and get increasingly more terrified of the internet.

3. Ceiling paint should be the same color as the painted trim...regardless of what your painter says! I hope Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl will serve us well. 

4. Let Go app to buy and sell things online is freakishly accurate and amazing. It actually identifies what you post without you even posting a description...what?!! Programmers- you are amazing. I've been selling a lot on the site and its pretty awesome. You also can rate people and hopefully that deters the unreliability you sometimes face with Craigslist. 

5. Buyers remorse is real. But change of perception and attitude is also powerful. 

6. I'm going to miss my meditation class...but stay tuned, will write about that experience after my last class next week! 

7. Bye bye Westwood and our cute little loft. I will miss you---the trees, the large windows, the soft breeze that filters in perfect for a nap on the couch, the many Persian restaurants and cheap eats walking distance away, Iranian ice cream shop!!, the movie theatres, the park nearby, taking the shuttle to work, and the library. As our first home together--you served us well! 




No comments:

Post a Comment