How is it already April!!!
We went from a chilly spring to full blown summer in days --- and it was 90 degrees the other day.
Almost every day I'm in shock that its nearly summer. Seriously, where has the year gone? I'm almost scared of how fast timing is passing by. Maybe because I think I'm not using it wisely?
Not sure, but it's giving me a slight kick in the butt.
To be honest, the first half of this month was spent travelling Japan and then in Seoul with my family. It has been a great reprieve to escape house hunting, but now that we're back, we're heading right back into it.
A few things that I keep coming back to post vacation:
I'm really concerned about the air quality and water quality of the world! Yes...the world. While in Seoul, my sister and I felt the impact of particle matter in the air and friends would tell me how their kids always get sick from being outside too much. Why can't people understand ...ahem, esp. China in this specific scenario, that we all breathe the same air?! Water is no small joke...aside from Flint, Michigan, there are many other cities in the U.S. in which people cannot bathe, cook, or drink the water that comes out of their faucets. Seriously, what is going on?
I'm also really concerned about North Korea. I hope, pray, and hope again that nothing will happen to disturb the silent war that has been playing out between North and South Korea. I feel this way even more so because I was just in Korea and the political climate of the U.S.
We went to the March of Science rally in DTLA last weekend. Do you understand our sign? It is the ultimate nerd sign! If you took stats, it'd be an easy one, but if you didn't...just know that Science Advances Society!
tee hee hee, we were really proud that random people came up to ask us if they could take a picture of our sign.
It wasn't exactly fun to be at the March for Science rally, but it wasn't boring either. It felt good to say something (via sign) and be around like minded people, but how much of an impact we had, I don't know. We'd never been to a rally before so we weren't sure what to expect. I loved that a lot of professors made an appearance though and to see so many people take out time from their Saturday to be together with a group of strangers to support scientific progress!
Correction: The p value in that sign is actually supposed to be p<0.0001 !!!! I had mistakenly put the "." in the wrong place...and basically we were carrying around a sign that said the opposite of what we intended. :::face palm::: we discovered this a few days later...but it was too late!


No comments:
Post a Comment